Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a little background

I guess I need to step back a moment and set the scene - it's all quite clear to me of course, but anyone reading this will probably want a little more detail before I start ranting.

I'm 33 years old, married to an incredible woman, J, who I've been with for about 10 years. We have 2 amazing, energetic, crazy, brilliant boys, a three and a half, E, and a one year old, A. We also have a 6 year old Great Dane and a fish named Friday (who may or may not have been secretly replaced a few times).We live about 100km (60mi) north of Toronto, ON in a big beautiful home and have pretty much everything a person could ever want or need. I work several cities away and commute daily to the office. I work hard, and in turn am very well compensated. I spend an average of 14 hours a day either at work or commuting. On a bad day, this can easily become an 18 hour work day.

I'm essentially a weekend dad even though I'm still happily married and living with my kids, I just never get to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment