Now don't get me wrong, I think this guy had a lot of great stuff to say and maybe one day if I have a really long flight or a short prison term to occupy I'll dive into some more of his posts, but I think for my purposes I'll just condense his list a little;
1. Identify the things in life that are most important to you (my personal list below)
- The well-being of my wife and children
- Spending time with the above mentioned wife and children
- My environment (home, neighborhood, company etc...)
- My work (gotta do it, so might as well enjoy it!)
All I can think of now is that I desperately need to have a garage sale. Quick. I also think I'm on the right track with the idea of toning down my life so that I can focus on the things that really matter, and less on my house full of meaningless crap. Again, really big garage sale coming up.
I will give full credit to the original blog author though, who has a great message buried in all those lines of text, someday I may read them all. Link to his site here;
I also learned something really important this past weekend from my son E;
Apparently waffles do have a crust - and we should never eat them. Waffle crust is bad.